No Right Click

Sunday 27 October 2013

Trick or Treat

It doesn't seem like Halloween is seen as a big event here, or maybe it's too early for me to tell. But our center started dressing up last Friday (Oct. 25th), and my boss was so enthusiastic about seeing all of us out of our khaki pants and blue tops! She really made sure that everyone was in costume. Most of us just got props from our "realia room", and I opted for the easiest one: a black cat!



Only a few kids came in costumes, and they're not as extravagant as the ones I used to see back home, but they were adorable all the same. :)

The presentation and feel of Halloween in our center was quite different for me, since I'm used to a "friendlier" (for lack of a better term") kind. One of the staff had a monster mask on, but then most the kids just giggled when they saw her. There were a few that got frightened by Jack-O-Lanterns though-- we made a bunch in the classroom through the interactive white board. They design a face and when they're through, their newly-designed pumpkin appears on a projection wall.

Here's a photo to give you a better idea as to how it looks like:

Cool, isn't it? Still getting a hang of using it though. I don't really use it so much, since I prefer having the kids play with actual toys. I'm enjoying it here so far, and I'm eager to learn more! It's a completely different experience teaching a foreign language in a country that barely speaks it. I'm looking forward to seeing my kids speak more English in the coming months. Keeping my fingers crossed!

No comments:

Post a Comment