No Right Click

Sunday 27 October 2013

The Most Awkward Day of My Teaching Life

I still went to work and I never really realized how much of a noisy teacher I am until this very day. I tried not to talk as much and the kids were equally quiet. Even my learning partner was quiet. Back in CPC, I had moments when I had a hard time talking, too, but I teach music class, so I had my keyboard, iPod and, of course, crazy co-teachers. I had too many moments of awkward silence earlier today that there were times that I couldn't resist muttering a word or two. I tried making it up by making exaggerated movements instead but it just didn't feel the same. :p

I am praying very hard that my voice will be okay by tomorrow since parents have been invited to observe my class for a quick 10 minutes. Since I'm new, I'd love to leave a good impression. And also because I am one of the few Filipinos hired as a foreign trainer, it's my time to represent, yo!

2 comments:

  1. I still weep for your merch voice, Moo. I hope you get better!

    Surely Beijing has lots of ginger, right?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I got my merch voice back!!! Well, before I lost it again. HAHAHA. I suppose there's lots of ginger. I forgot how to make salabat. Ahee. I'm taking medicine and my throat is getting better. I just need plenty of rest :)

    ReplyDelete