No Right Click

Thursday 31 October 2013

Halloween with Disney English


I came in late yesterday as I had trouble finding the venue. They were already playing games when I arrived, and I was amazed by how most of them really looked dressed to kill for Halloween! I, on the other hand, looked very underdressed. Since I brought very little pieces of clothing with me and I didn't want to spend, I made do with what I had-- pink leggings, black leg warmers, a long sleeved top tucked in a pair of shorts and a pink scarf tied around my waist... I turned up as... A "ballerina-that-just-got-out-of-dance-practice". HAHAHA. Of course there was a costume contest and it was done by category (scariest, best Disney costume, prettiest, best "unrecognizable costume" and... one more I forgot). There should have been a best couple award, too!

If you'd like to see more awesome costumes, I've uploaded photos from the party on Facebook. ;)

The night was full of different kinds of activities. For one, I got to carve my first ever jack-o-lantern!
Others bobbed for apples, which was a rather quick game so I didn't have the chance to do it nor take any photos. And then, upstairs the lights are turned off and a "dead body" is laying around somewhere. The goal is to find that dead body and hide with it, but the twist there will be five folks in scary (and not to mention convincing!) costumes lurking around to effortlessly scare you out of your wits. I really wanted to try this one out but opted not to because I can't afford to scream. Boo. :( My voice is still recovering but it's doing so much better now.

For the final event, we played a few rounds of "Murder". It's similar to the card game I used to play back home wherein the murderer is supposed to kill victims by just winking at them, and then cops are supposed to catch him/her. In this case, the murderer must squeeze a civilian's elbow, who, in turn, should count to twenty before screaming as proclamation of his/her death. I knew it was just a game but I was paranoid just the same, so I protected my elbows as much as I could. Hahaha! I had a chance to be one of the police officers, too. In most rounds, there was more than just one murderer, meaning, there were more cops as well. I just have to say, a lot had pretty good blood-curling screams. Very impressive. I saw a lot of good acting skills, too. Props to the ChongWonMen team for planning such a successful party. :)

Happy Halloween to everyone!

It's unbelievable that it's already November! Snow is coming! And, of course, Christmas is just around the corner!

No comments:

Post a Comment