No Right Click

Thursday 24 October 2013

Officially Moved In

So today marks my first official day at my new apartment.

It's been almost a month since I first arrived in Beijing. My mom was with me and my brother followed-- they helped me out in finding this flat and made sure to do so before they flew back to Manila after a week (thank you!). However, I still chose to stay at the hotel for the first three weeks simply because it was more convenient and, well, it was free. My flat still needed some tidying up to do, AND I had to make sure that I have wifi.

So again... Today marks my first official day at my new apartment. Thankfully, my internet was set up just in time for the big move, although I am still waiting for my router. My place is perhaps around 70% clean. I just need to scrub some walls and floors, clean my windows and do my laundry. I'm paranoid about eating here. It's like I always feel the need to sweep the floor or something. Because... Because... I don't want any cockroaches (or any bugs for that matter) to come creeping through my door. Yes, I know I'm lame. Hahaha! I feel like I'm gonna turn into a neat-freak or something. I had so much fun visiting supermarkets earlier this afternoon just to look for stuff that I could use to keep things tidy around here.

There are so many things to learn... Like cooking. And I'm excited! This is my first time to live alone so I'm eager to keep myself alive and kicking in this foreign place. I'm thankful my work area is in a cleaner part of Beijing, and it seems like the sun's up more often around here-- it makes the cold winds more bearable somehow. Praying that my first winter will be nice to me. It's going to be a challenge getting out of this building, as autumn is already chilling me to the bone. But, hey, my work place is just around the corner, which means I don't have to take the subway anymore. That alone spares me the time, effort and germs from sneezing/coughing/spitting citizens.

I know I'll be fine. :) Not feeling lonely or anything so far. Just keeping the faith that I'll be well=protected, content and comfortable all throughout my stay here. I know I'm going to grow so much emotionally and professionally, and that time will fly by swiftly.

It pays to be an optimistic person. :D

No comments:

Post a Comment