No Right Click

Wednesday 23 April 2014

Kocoon Spa: A Relaxing Experience

Living in a city that has dry winter season and bad air pollution gave my oily skin quite a challenge. So I decided to head out and hunt down a spa for a facial. I particularly looked for one that could speak English and uses high-quality products-- I wouldn't want just anything on my skin.

So a friend recommended Kocoon Spa, which has two branches, the nearest one closest to me being the one along South Sanlitun Road (past the Worker's Stadium), and is owned by a French-Japanese mother-daughter tandem.

Your filthy shoes won't be allowed inside.


And the moment you step in, the staff serves you a cup of tea. In my case, I was offered one of the most delicious teas that I have ever tasted. Apparently, it came straight from Japan (and, sadly, was not for sale).


The interior is very simple and cozy. I lingered around the lounge area for a while because I felt so comfortable, especially with an awesome cup of tea in hand.


The woman who attended to me was very pleasant. I felt so relaxed during my facial, which included a quick neck, shoulder and leg massage. She used different kinds of scented oil that added up to the calming experience. When the treatment was finished, I didn't even look the least bit swollen or red, which is unusual since my skin is sensitive. Days after, I noticed my skin looked brighter, and impurities lessened slightly.

To top the experience off, they, again, offer refreshments (I opted to still drink their tea even if they offered juice and others) as well as a simple snack from Japan before you step out.


Aside from facials, Kocoon Spa also offers massages and waxing services. The price list isn't cheap, but at least it's foreigner friendly, and you have an idea of what it is you are paying for as well as the products that will be used. If you want to learn more about Kocoon Spa, you can visit their website here.

No comments:

Post a Comment