No Right Click

Wednesday 6 November 2013

Big Girl Duties

I'm off work today and I had the opportunity to go to the supermarket to buy some things for my kitchen. Such an effort it was carrying a small bag of rice, a skillet and food items back up to my apartment (I live on the 5th floor, in a building with no elevator)! I'm happy though because it means I won't be going in and out just to eat 'cause I can finally start learning how to cook for myself :) I got to cook my first meal just about 30 minutes ago-- broccoli with garlic and steamed rice. Not bad for my first time. I think I put too much garlic so I'm just balancing out the flavor with some dried mangoes :p

I have quite a bunch of things to write about (my parents paid me a visit over the weekend-- hi mom and dad!) and equally have lots of chores to do. Hoping to accomplish as much as I can today so that I have time to laze around tonight until I get back to work on Friday. :)

1 comment:

  1. Ooooh, garlic. Half a head works nice generally, but then again you're cooking alone... so, a tip: chop garlic in advance and store it for future use.

    But you prolly know that already.

    ReplyDelete